As the face of BSI, the role of the Auditor (13485) is to work closely with BSI clients to help them improve their performance by assessing their systems and processes against BSI standards. At the end of each assessment the Client Manager compiles a business report and presents this to the client.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure that value is added to customers and their business/organisation through the assessment of their systems and processes against BSI requirements
- Prepare assessment reports and deliver findings to clients to ensure client understanding of the assessment decision and clear direction to particular items of corrective action where appropriate.
- Recommend the issue, re-issue or withdrawal of certificates, and report recommendations in accordance with BSI policy, procedures and prescribed time frame.
- Continually enhance & uphold the reputation and perception of BSI through excellent planning, delivery, report writing and day-to-day interactions with customers and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and real added value when feeding back to clients
- Continually demonstrate a professional and engaging approach whilst assessing clients
- Lead assessment teams as required ensuring that team members are adequately briefed so that quality of service is maintained and that effective working relationships are sustained both with Clients and within the team
- Establish and develop an effective partnership, which secures the commercial relationship and encourages opportunities for business development and increased client satisfaction with clients in your portfolio.
- Provide accurate and prompt information to support services, working closely with them to ensure that client records are up to date and complete and that all other internal information requirements are met.
- Plan/schedule workloads to make best use of own time and maximise revenue-earning activity.
- Coach colleagues as appropriate especially where those members are inexperienced assessors or unfamiliar with clients' business/technology and assist in the induction and coaching of new colleagues as requested.
- Maintain and enhance appropriate professional qualification status in relevant disciplines
- Be an active member of the Service Delivery Team and proactively engage with peers and key stakeholders to ensure continual improvement, in line with the BSI standards of Assessor Excellence.