As a Principal Consultant you will develop business and acquisition activities.
• Implement projects on budget to achieve International Projects’ revenue target
• Implement projects on time: solve problems, deal with complex situations, draft high-level
correspondence, engage with project stakeholders remotely and face to face overseas
• Manage donors and partners to ensure International Projects’ sustainability
• Raise International Projects’ profile within BSI, raise BSI profile externally
• Maintain and improve International Projects’ processes
• Manage, supervise and develop lower graded members
We carefully consider agile ways of working that allow for the best impact for our employees and clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss further.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 150 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity as Principal Consultant (maternity cover) to join the International Projects team in Chiswick.
University degree (Masters or equivalent) in international development, economics, management or a related field
• Proven ability to win and manage donor-funded projects
• Strong project management experience and skills
• Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing and editorial skills
• Sound research and analytical skills
• Ability to use search engines and tools
• Commercially driven, results-oriented and customer-focused
• Team player
• Good people management skills
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Interest and experience in international development issues and technical cooperation, in
particular in trade and quality infrastructure areas
• Knowledge and understanding of international donor work
• Fluency in English
• Ability to work in other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, Russian, Serbian) would be an advantage
• Computer literacy, experienced user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
• Flexibility to travel at short notice overseas on short-term missions