Purpose of Position
To manage the C&R aspects to ensure compliance to accreditations for the assurance business and ensure continual suitability of operational process and procedures to meet operational needs and accreditation requirements.
To provide third party certification review and decision prior to certificate issue; related to product certification both in the Netherlands and UK based accreditations, in line with BSI policies and procedures.
Work closely with the operational teams to ensure the maintenance of the licence to operate for BSI Product Certification stream. He/she will on a day to day basis manage the interface between the Dutch Notified Body, product certification activities, country teams, Global Certification Managers and local Accreditation Bodies & Regulatory Authorities.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Management Systems Certification
- Maintain relationship and promote partnership with the local accreditation bodies
- Manage local schemes to ensure compliance to BSI internal rule
- Review the country portfolio periodically to ensure the alignment with the Global & Regional assurance business strategies and priorities
- Manage the country compliant and appeal process
- Manage the country NCR process
- Educate, train and coach country operations to equip the basic knowledge of accreditation requirements for assurance business
- Manage personal competency in line with global process and coordinate periodical qualifying review to ensure the regional competency registration for certification personnel
- Organize periodical country operations and compliance calibration meeting
- Conduct yearly internal audits to ensure all schemes within the country and cluster are evaluated
- Work collaboratively with the Regional and Cluster Heads of Compliance & Risk to build the next generation of country and cluster C&R management
- Manage the compliance, the quality review and decision process for all Certification decisions produced by the business, ensuring Certificates are issued to clients as appropriate in the Country
- Manage all matters relating to compliance to the businesses’ management systems, including risk, health and safety and business continuity
- Conduct certification reviews/decisions.
- Ensure the review process is accurately and effectively executed in line with defined procedures enabling delivery of client certificates promptly
- Remain informed of certification, accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Provide a rapid responsive service to both internal and external clients ensuring customer satisfaction as a high order of priority.
- All certification applications routed through the Amsterdam office are processed timely and effectively;
- Technical reports are reviewed;
- Excellent lines of communication with clients are maintained;
- Timely delivery of certificates to customer expectations and deadlines;
- Regular monitoring and reporting of accreditation and compliance project costs
- Manage effectively all applicable accreditations for the Product Certification Business Stream, proactively maintaining the relationship with the Accrediting Bodies (ABs) mainly RVA and associated Regulatory & Government bodies.
- Conduct of Internal audits supporting the Product Certification business in Netherlands, UK and overseas where required.
- Ensure that the compliance processes established are, implemented and maintained. Provide regular reporting on the adequacy and on-going applicability of the management system and that it continues to meet accreditation requirements and remains effective, efficient and fit for purpose.
- Identify areas for improvement for the Product Certification Business Stream and work with the Global team to drive a culture of continual improvement.
- Report on compliance related issues and oversee reviews and investigations as required to ensure the on-going ethics of the Product Certification business.
- Certification decisions in line with BSI procedures, values and integrity
- To provide business management and regulatory support to ensure the consistency and integrity of service delivery including the continuity of third party accreditation for BSI products worldwide.
- Support to local operation/service delivery teams
- Customer focus – both internal and external
- Maintenance of accreditations
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring that the business complies with the processes for maintaining robust certification decisions in line with accreditation requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate representation is achieved at the relevant product related forums.
- Effective specialist advice is delivered on a timely basis
- Timely certificate issue
- Accurate reporting
- Maintaining the high profile of the department by effective interaction with other parts of the business