This role offers an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the BSI Finance team.
You will be involved in month end posting of journals and balance sheet reconciliations as well as dealing with internal and external auditors. You will also be assisting to ensure that tax, legal and statutory obligations are met, including the preparation of GST returns. In addition to this, you will be responsible for Credit Control function on day-to-day basis.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Ensuring customer receipts are allocated accurately and efficiently in the accounting system, including electronic bank receipts, cheque and credit card receipts.
• Ensuring the accurate allocation of all inter-company bank payments, contractors’ and vendors’ payments.
• Ensure debts are adequately managed and maintained at an acceptable level as determined by Finance Manager
• Prepare Cash flow forecasts
• Prepare debtors aging for collection purpose and ensure collection targets are met.
• Liaise with debt collection/ recovery agents
• Prepare month end journals and reconciliations including accrual of income and costs
• Prepare and lodge monthly BAS, and assit in prepartion of FBT and Income Tax Return
• Work with Finance Shared Service Centre on any finance matters/ queries to ensure the integrity of month end accounts
• Assist Finance Manager in the forecasting and budgeting process
• Assist the constant review of processes and procedures to ensure the operation of streamlined processes to meet the businesses’ needs.
• Any other duties that may by requested to support the finance team and Finance Manager
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients in 180 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
• At least 5 years as an Assistant Accountant with forecasting and budgeting
• CPA qualification or studying towards it
• Debt management experience
• Proven ability to follow process and to produce accurate work with attention to detail
• Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Willing to assist colleagues and to prioritise tasks as workload requires
• Able to identify process improvements and support the team in implementing changes
• Committed to maintaining service levels
• Sound knowledge of SAP/PG , Salesforce & Excel
What we offer;
• Great team environment
• Great growth and development opportunities
• Salary and bonus package
• On-Site Parking
• Close to Public Transport
• BSI is a committed Equal Employment Opportunity employer
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. To find out more about us – visit www.bsigroup.com/en-au