Job Title : Business Development Manager
Report To : Assurance Business Development Director
Location : Singapore
Date : December 2018
Purpose of Position
The Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for:
- selling BSI products and services to new and existing customers in the country
- meeting individual sales target as well as the team and BSI Singapore sales target
- identifying and developing new business opportunities, and expanding market share
- managing client accounts and building good client relationships
- growing BSI Singapore client database
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The key areas of responsibility for Business Development Manager include:
- Achieve individual, team and company’s sales targets and objectives
- Promote and develop sales opportunities across the full range of BSI products and services
- Proactive development of new sales leads and account management for new and existing clientele
- Develop self competency and be the champion in the given business sector, develop and grow its market share, and assist sales team members in crossing/up-selling the sector related products/services
- Use of CRM software and related tools for effective leads management
- Provision of sales-related reports and forecasting
- Continual competency development in product knowledge and selling skill
- Proactively network with existing customers to sell additional BSI products.
- Identify new prospects to grow the BSI customer base through targeted calls to generate sales revenue in line with new business targets.
- Execute BSI sales process to investigate, explore and understand customer needs in order to sell relevant products/services.
- Investigate relevant resource required and provide a timeline for delivery to meet customer order & solve any customer issues.
- Routinely review sales activity and quality KPIs, based on sales ratios to plan future sales activities to deliver on financial and activity targets.Sales Tools:
Manage potential through account and opportunity management to develop solid pipeline. Produce accurate sales forecasts in a timely manner.
- Effective use of price book and tools to propose main products and services.
- Use relevant sales/product collateral to illustrate how a range of BSI products meet identified customer needs.
- Accurately and effectively applies standard, commoditised, T&Cs.
- Accurately record sales and order information in the CRM.Product Knowledge:
Remain up to date with developments in the standards industry and be able explain the standards development process to customers.
- Able to apply product features and benefits to customers’ needs in order to win business.
- Able to apply knowledge of competitors to explain the full business advantages of BSI products.
- Possess a deeper and wider knowledge of the products/services of BSI and their application to specific customer sets. Use reporting function of sales tools to aid account management and new business development.
- Strong telephone communication with customers. Ability to create effective proposals, and produce presentations to customers.
- Accurately define requirements, including buying process, budget, positioning vs competition and actual circumstances which positively affect potential sales. Ability to identify further and future opportunities.
- Able to question effectively to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs to identify up-selling opportunities. Able to provide a range of targeted solutions to the customer.
- Accurately summarise customer needs. Identify BSI product or service. Get customer agreement to price and delivery.
- Ability to handle objections. Use knowledge and experience to provide an answer. Gain customer commitment before progressing. Identify high impact issues for customer, give up on those with low value to BSI. Ensure understanding of business and personal value of BSI product/service to the customer.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Good Diploma or Bachelor degree in business or related service industry
- Sales experience in certification/training business is preferred but not essential
- Excellent team leader/player able to stay focused on sales and objectives set
- Results-orientated with good organization skills and discipline
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment